Our nugget history begins in the mid-1970’s, when the original owner, Lou Iandoli and his business partner opened Garden Poultry in the heart of Greenwich, CT. In 1977, grabbing hold of an opportunity to grow and expand, Mr. Landoli opened under the name of Garden Catering on Sound Beach Avenue; which is now known as our flagship location.
Sadly, Mr. Iandoli passed away in 1989 and Garden Catering closed its doors. Responding to the heartache of nugget fans everywhere, Frank Carpenteri Sr. purchased the business from Mrs. Iandoli, along with the secret recipes for Garden Catering’s famous fried chicken and nuggets. He re-opened in late fall of 1991 and gained instant praise, making Garden Catering once again a staple for the community under its new owner.
Recognizing the growing demand for the crave-able menu, Mr. Carpenteri opened several more Garden Catering locations throughout Fairfield and Westchester counties. Keeping the business in the family, Frank’s son and daughter now manage the daily operations and plan to spread the nugget love for years to come.
Frank "Hotsy" Bertino
The Man. The Myth. The Chili.
Any history of Garden Catering isn't complete without mentioning Frank "Hotsy" Bertino. The longtime Cos Cob resident and Purple Heart recipient will long be remembered for his hard work in the kitchen, gregarious demeanor, and love of family. A long time employee of Garden Catering, Hotsy worked well into his 90's until he passed away in 2012. We honor him by featuring on our menu The Hotsy, a breakfast sandwich featuring his famous chili, made with his original secret recipe, unchanged since 1944.